The City is planning to construct Veterans Memorial Parkway (VMP) Northward Extension from Huron Street to Clarke Road. It is a priority project in the Transportation Master Plan (TMP) as part of Growth Management Implementation Strategy for the transportation projects. With traffic volumes on VMP increasing, and prioritization of this project in the TMP, the upgrade to extend the existing VMP roadway is necessary. The improvements and VMP extension are anticipated to be constructed in 2020.
Scope of Project:
- Two 3.75 m travel lanes and 3.0 m wide paved shoulders for the VMP extension;
- Pavement widening along Huron Street;
- Major drainage improvements including culverts, sewers and ditching;
- Watermain and sanitary sewer extension;
- Street lighting and traffic signals;
- New signage; and
- Tree planting along the VMP corridor.
Construction Notice - April 24, 2020