City Council voted to defer the due date for final 2020 property tax installments by 60 days.
For property owners paying property taxes through installments, the revised remaining payment due dates for 2020 are now the end of August, end of October, and December 15.
For property owners on preauthorized payments, the final billings for the 2020 taxation year are being spread over five payments with the new due dates being the end of August, end of September, end of October, end of November and December 15.
Payments received on or before these revised due dates will not be subject to interest or penalties.
The property tax deferral is in addition to previously announced financial measures including the waiving of interest and penalties for 60 days for unpaid Interim 2020 Property Tax Installments that were due on March 31, 2020, waiving of interest and penalties for 60 days for unpaid water and wastewater billings and deferring on an interest-free basis for a minimum period of 60 days all Community Improvement Plan loan repayments.
For questions about property taxes, please contact the Tax Office at 519-661-4540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The City of London's Pre-Authorized Payment Plan
- On-line via your bank's on-line banking website
- At most financial institutions upon payment of their fee (if applicable). Payments at financial institutions must be date stamped by the teller on or before the due date to avoid penalty.
- By cheque, payable to the City of London mailed in the envelope provided (Property Tax Section, P.O. Box 5256, London ON N6A 5M6). Do not mail cash. Payments provided by mail must be postmarked on or before the due date to avoid penalty.
- In the night letter depository located on the wall at the southwest corner of City Hall
- By credit card using a third-party service provider
- The City of London does not offer the option of paying property taxes using a credit card. However, you may be able to use a third-party service provider that offers additional payment methods, including credit cards. The provider that offers the credit card method at this time is listed below for your convenience. Third-party providers charge a fee for their service.