City Council is seeking applications from individuals wishing to be considered for appointment to fill up to 3 vacancies on the London Hydro Inc. Board of Directors.
Individuals applying to fill the vacancies shall be at least 18 years of age, must not hold the status of bankrupt, nor have been deemed of unsound mind by a court in Canada or elsewhere and shall meet all the requirements of the Ontario Business Corporation Act. In addition, the Board, as a whole, should possess most or all of the following:
• Financial and legal knowledge;
• A reasonable understanding of accounting and tax matters;
• Comprehensive understanding of the core business and objectives of the Corporation;
• Utility industry knowledge;
• Strategic planning, including human resource planning;
• Corporate stewardship and risk management;
• Regulatory knowledge;
• Experience in a competitive business environment;
• Awareness of the needs of electric utility customers;
• Awareness of municipal government and local issues;
• Leadership and integrity;
• Experience and knowledge of London industry;
• Experience and expertise in economic development initiatives; and
• Engineering background.
Persons interested in being considered for appointment are asked to obtain, complete and return an application form that is available on the City’s website at www.london.ca/committeeapplication; or from the City Clerk’s Office, 3rd Floor, City Hall, 300 Dufferin Avenue; or by phoning 519-661-2489 ext. 4599 by 9:00 a.m., Friday, June 7, 2019.
Personal information collected in applications or related communications are collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, and will be used by Members of Council and City of London staff in their review of this matter. The written submissions, including names and contact information, will be made available to the public, including posting on the City of London’s website, video recording of the standing committee and Council meetings where this matter will be discussed. Questions about this collection should be addressed to the City Clerk at 300 Dufferin Avenue, London, ON N6A 4L9 or by email to email@example.com.