If you are in receipt of Ontario Works or ODSP, please submit an estimate for the item to Discretionary Benefits (include a prescription for all health-related items). Ensure your name and Member ID are clearly written on all documents.
If you are not in receipt of Ontario Works or ODSP, you may apply for Discretionary Benefits:
- By phone: 519-661-5910
- In writing: Complete the Application for Discretionary Benefits form and submit to Discretionary Benefits along with copies of the required documentation.
If applying in writing, applications and documentation can be submitted to Discretionary Benefits by:
- Discretionary Benefits PO Box 5045 London, ON N6A 4L6
- Faxing to 519-661-6488
Dropping into one of our Social Services mailboxes at the following locations:
- Citi Plaza – 355 Wellington Street Suite# 248, 2nd Flr
- London East - 1835 Dundas Street
- South London Community Centre – 1119 Jalna Boulevard
- Social Services-Westmount Shopping Centre - 785 Wonderland Road South
- Northland Mall – 107-1275 Highbury Avenue
- Glen Cairn Community Resource Centre – 244 Adelaide Street South
- Canada Games Aquatic Centre – 1044 Wonderland Road North
- Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre – 656 Elizabeth Street
- LUSO Community Services – 1193 Oxford Street East, Unit 2
You may be asked to:
- Declare and provide proof of all household income (e.g. pay stubs).
- Provide proof of the need for the item (e.g. prescription, medical letter, utility disconnection notice etc.).
- After you have completed the application process, your eligibility will be determined based on the nature of the essential or emergency supply items and the costs of your specific needs.
- If you are eligible you will be advised in writing and informed of the next steps.
- If you are ineligible, you will be advised in writing and details of the reasons for ineligibility will be outlined.