Welcoming someone who just moved into your neighbourhood is a great way to introduce yourself and help them feel connected to the community. It’s a small act that anyone can do that helps to create a welcoming culture in your neighbourhood.
The NeighbourGood Welcome Kits are available to support residents and community groups to welcome new people to their neighbourhoods, blocks, or buildings.
To request a kit, email us. Limit 5 per request.
The kit includes:
- Welcome to the _____________ Neighbourhood Tote Bag
- Waste Collection Calendar for your neighbourhood
- LTC Bus Route Information for your neighbourhood
- Bike and Walk Map
- Recreation Guide
- Access Magazine
- NeighbourGood London Map and Program Guide
- “Your Turn” Grease Collection Cup
- Fish & Paddle Guide
- And more!
You are encouraged to personalize your kit by adding:
- Your neighbourhood’s name to the tote bag (with a marker)
- Welcome letter
- Neighbourhood Newsletter (if you have one)
- Coupons, promotions or samples from local businesses
- Local business directory or recommendations
- Membership form for your association (if you have one)
- Facebook Group or email address (if you have one)
How to Request a Kit
- Any resident living in the city of London can request a NeighbourGood Welcome Kit
- Individual residents are invited to request one kit at a time.
- Neighbourhood Groups may request up to 5 kits at a time to have when needed.
- To request a kit, email us with the following information:
- Number of kits you would like (groups only)
- Neighbourhood boundaries (groups only)
- Postal Code
- The kit(s) will be assembled based on the location of your neighbourhood, block, or building.
- When the kit(s) are ready, you will be informed via email where you can pick them up.