The following services are available to street involved individuals and individuals/families experiencing homelessness. During extreme weather alerts these services will make adjustments to maximize occupancy and services for those who require refuge from the extreme weather.
London Cares Homeless Response Services
Outreach will assist individuals within the core area of London in going to a warming/cooling centre and/or emergency shelter when alternate options are not available. 519-667-CARE (2273).
Emergency Shelters - 24hrs/day, 7 days a week
Emergency shelters are available to provide emergency shelter and assistance to those in distress:
- Men’s Mission and Rehabilitation Centre, 459 York Street, N6B 1R3 Phone: 519-672-8500
(men 16 years and older)
- Rotholme Women’s and Family Shelter (for families), 42 Stanley Street, N6C 1B1 Phone: 519-673-4114 (parents and their children, and single women who are homeless with no other shelter options)
- The Salvation Army Centre of Hope, 281 Wellington Street, N6B 2L4 Phone: 519-661-0343
(persons16 years and older)
- Unity Project, 717 Dundas Street, N5W 2Z5 Phone: 519-433-8700
(all genders, and couples 18 years and older)
Violence Against Women Shelters – 24hrs/day, 7 days a week
Emergency shelter and support for abused women and their children:
- Anova, 101 Wellington Road, N6C 4M7; 450 Clarke Road N5W 6H1 Phone: 519-642-3000
- Atlohsa Native Family Healing Services - Zhaawanong Shelter, 256 Hill Street, N6B 1C9 Phone: 1-800-605-7477 (Indigenous women and their children)
Drop-In Centres and Services
CMHA Middlesex - My Sisters’ Place
566 Dundas St, N6B1W8
Open Monday – Friday 9:30 am – 8:00 pm;
Open Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Youth Opportunities Unlimited – Youth Action Centre (16 – 24 years of age)
332 Richmond St. (corner of Richmond & York), N6A 3C3
Open Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm for youth to meet with a housing case worker with regards to their housing needs (including food security and basic needs).
Meal Drop In: Monday – Friday 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Dinner is served at 4:30 pm.
Mission Services – The Resource Centre
459 York Street (entrance at main door of building), N6B 1R3
Open Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 11:30 am and 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Atlohsa Family Healing Services
343 Richmond Street, Unit 109
Open Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
London InterCommunity Health Centre
- 659 Dundas Street, N5W 2Z1 Phone: 519-660-0875
- 1355 Huron Street, N5V 1R9 Phone: 519-659-6399
Health Centre Hours: Monday – Wednesday 9:00 am – 9:00 pm; Thursday 10:30 am – 9:00 pm; Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Ark Aid Street Mission
696 Dundas St E, N5W 2Z4
Open 1:30 – 3:30 pm
Open for dinner Monday – Saturday at 6:45 pm
CMHA Middlesex - London Coffee House
371 Hamilton Road., N5Z 1R7
Open Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 11:00 am and 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm; Saturday and Sunday – 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
City of London Community Centres
Find locations and hours of Community Centres that serve as warming/cooling centres during extreme weather alerts.
London Public Libraries
The public is welcome to cool down or warm up in any London Public Library location during their regular hours of operation. For the hours and locations of library branches that are open, please visit London Public Library or call 519-661-4600.