Estimated Cost: $4.0 million
Projected Timeline: 2021 – 2022
Funding Status: Project has received funding support from Government of Canada and Government of Ontario.
The proposed Downtown Loop and active transportation priority corridors would require improved connections to the Thames Valley Parkway (TVP). An area where there’s a break in sidewalk and cycling infrastructure is between Ivey Park and Dundas Place. This project would slightly shift the alignment of Dundas Street to create space for improved sidewalks and a continuous connection in the cycling network on Dundas Street between the Thames Valley Parkway and Ridout Street. This project would connect key destinations and facilitate connections to the transit system.
Work Required to Complete this Project:
- Reconstruct a short section of Dundas Street to accommodate cycling improvements and better sidewalks between Dundas Place and TVP
- Resurface asphalt and pavement markings
- Install signage and beautify streetscape
- The project is in initiation stage, meaning further consultation would be required along with regulatory and budget approvals.
- This project would support Dundas Place and the proposed Downtown east-west Bikeway.
Funding Eligibility Criteria:
- Improved transit access