Estimated Cost: $18.9 million
Projected Timeline: 2021 – 2022
Funding Status: Project has received funding support from Government of Canada and Government of Ontario.
This project would implement 1.2 km of new facilities for cyclists and pedestrians on Adelaide Street and Central Avenue. Multi-use paths on both sides of Adelaide Street at the Canadian Pacific Rail (CPR) underpass and cycling lane connections on Central Avenue would give pedestrians and cyclists opportunities to connect to transit along this corridor.
Work Required to Complete this Project:
- Purchase the property required for the project
- Construct active transportation connections, including wide, multi-use paths on both sides of the roadway in conjunction with a larger new railway underpass project designed to improve route reliability, efficiency and safety for everyone crossing the railway
- The Environmental Assessment for this project is complete and the detailed design phase and property acquisition for the project is currently underway, with construction planned to take place in 2021/2022.
- The identified project cost reflects only the active transportation component of the larger project cost and equates to approximately 1/3 of the total.
Funding Eligibility Criteria:
- Improved transit safety and quality
- Improved transit access