The official website of the City of London300 Dufferin Avenue519-661-CITY (2489)3-1-1 (within London)
Carling Heights Gymnasium

Recreation Facility Rentals


The City of London offers a wide variety of indoor and outdoor rental spaces for private functions.  Our facilities are affordable, clean, and located right in your community. Interested in learning more about booking one of these venues for your next meeting or function, but unsure what location would work best to suit your needs?

Fill out our Facility Rental Inquiry Form and a member of the customer service team will give you a call back with more information.


Booking your event at a City of London facility

We can accommodate events from 15 - 300 people with a variety of room sizes to choose from.  Whether you're organizing a wedding, birthday party or family function, we want to ensure your day is a memorable one.  Our staff are here to help you make the most of what we have to offer.

If you are planning to host one of the following functions, consider a facility near you:

Weddings, Anniversaries, Community Gatherings, Children's Birthday parties (pools, arenas, roller skating, gymnasiums, Storybook Gardens), Sporting Events (indoors and outdoors),
Business Meetings and Seminars, Picnics


Rental spaces are available for:

Social Functions, Meeting Spaces, Sport Events, Arenas, Golf Courses, gymnasiums, Sports Fields, Swimming Pools, Picnic Sites


Rental Rates

All facility rentals are based on rates that have been approved by City Council.  Rates are based on the type of function and room size selected.  Please call Parks and Recreation Customer Service at 519-661-5575 for specific rates.

How to Book Your Function

To book a facility or for information about rental rates and availability, please call 519-661-5575 or visit one of our 6 Customer Service locations to book.


Available Services

The list of available services varies from location to location and room to room.  Here are a few items we can provide you:

Tables and Chairs, Room Set-up and Take down, Kitchen Facilities, Free Parking, Audio Visual Equipment

Please confirm available services prior to booking your event.


Use of Music

If live or recorded music is played at your event, we are required to collect and remit a licensing fee on your behalf for the right to play music. The fees are remitted to:

a) SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada) and b) Re: Sound who collects fee on behalf of the artists and record companies for their performance rights.

These tariffs are based on the room capacity (not the number of people attending your function), and whether dancing will be included in the rental.



There are limited City of London locations that permit alcohol to be served.  If you're planning to host an event with alcohol, there are a number of steps you must follow.  Please see the important information about the Municipal Alcohol Policy below.

Municipal Alcohol Policy


Liability Insurance

Evidence of a minimum of $2 million liability naming the City of London as an "Additional Insured" is required for anyone who rents a City facility for any activity.  Renters are encouraged to obtain insurance through their personal policies, but insurance is also available to purchase through the City's user insurance program.  More on Facility Rental Insurance.

Please note:  To reach City staff for EMERGENCY SITUATIONS ONLY when the facility is closed please call 519-661-4965.








Last modified: