The City of London waiving or reducing fees policy is to help provide affordable and equal access to community centres and recreation facilities. It is designed to help community groups and organizations whose goals are in line with Council's strategic priority of Strengthening our Community, and also where community groups and organizations find Council approved facility rental rates to be a cost barrier.
(Please note: Applicants may be required to explain why City of London rental fees present a challenge to the success of their group.)
Some examples of groups that would qualify for waiving/reducing fees include:
- Individuals/groups trying to draw together their local ethno-cultural or geographic community;
- Groups or networks of organizations serving Londoners, needing a temporary location for planning meetings;
- Neighbourhood based groups hoping to organize local free, publicly accessible events;
- Not-for-profit organizations needing a temporary location to train volunteers employed in delivering their services.
Some examples of groups that would not qualify for waiving/reducing fees include:
- Fundraisers or other events held to raise money in support of a charity or other group;
- Private functions by individuals/groups;
- Campaigns or events held for political purposes.
Other Aspects to Consider Requests
- Access to space is not guaranteed and will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
- Requests will be considered within one calendar year at a time (i.e. within a given January 1st to December 31st period) and to a maximum of 15 bookings per year. Requests for use of space in different calendar years will require separate forms.
- Under this policy, requests will be approved based on availability of space.
- Staffing fees will apply to bookings outside of regular hours of facility operations.
- Administration fees including taxes, tariffs (e.g. SOCAN, Re Sound), liability insurance and all other requirements of the rental contract are the responsibility of the applicant.
- City of London Staff will be in contact within two business days of request submission to confirm details of application.