London Fire Services wishes you and your family a safe and very happy holiday season!
12 Tips of Holiday Fire Safety
The London Fire Department wishes you a happy and safe holiday season. Here are 12 tips on how to keep yourself, your loved ones and friends safe from fire.
- Water fresh trees daily
- Check all lights before decorating
- Make sure smoke alarms work, replace any over 10 years old
- Protect your family with carbon monoxide alarms; it's the law in Ontario
- Make sure everyone knows how to get out safely
- Use extension cords wisely
- Give space heaters space
- Go flameless
- Keep matches and lighters out of the sight and reach of children
- Watch what you heat
- Encourage smokers to smoke outside
- There's more to responsible drinking than taking a cab home