The Property Standards By-laws address different scenarios, both in rental and owner occupied properties.
For tenants experiencing problems with their rental unit, you must first send a letter to your landlord and wait two weeks for a response and/or action to be taken. This gives your landlord an opportunity to have the problem addressed. The only exceptions to this are safety and vital service issues.
Primarily, we undertake to address:
- abandoned buildings
- dangerous/dead/unsafe trees,
- safety/structural problems with buildings
- pests such as cockroaches (for bed bugs contact the London Middlesex Health Unit),
- vital services (lack of heat/hydro/water)
- and interior/exterior property maintenance.