2017 Citizen Satisfaction Survey
The City of London has commissioned Ipsos, a professional public opinion research company, to conduct our 2017 Citizen Satisfaction Survey. The survey will be conducted by telephone to a random selection of our residents in the next few weeks. Residents will be contacted by either cell phone or landline to ensure that the survey is as inclusive as possible. The survey includes a wide range of topics including the most important issues facing the community, quality of life in the City of London, satisfaction with municipal services, communication needs, and others. This survey is an opportunity for you to have your say on important community issues.
Community Surveys are one way The City of London can understand the perceptions of Londoners. They are an important voice for citizens and provide residents with the opportunity to share their needs and priorities. Going forward, The City of London will be surveying residents annually to help assess overall quality of life, satisfaction with services, and other important issues.
2016 Community Survey Key Findings
- 93% of residents report that the quality of life in London is good.
- Development and infrastructure continue to be high on the public agenda.
- Roads, land use planning, economic development, public transit, planning to manage growth, parking and planning for improvements to Core Areas are the strongest drivers of overall satisfaction.
- The majority of residents continue to perceive that they are getting good value for tax dollars.
- Residents continue to prefer increased taxes over cutting services.
- The majority of residents who had contact with the City are satisfied with their experience.
- Mail and email remain the most preferred methods of receiving information from the City, but telephone is the clear choice for contacting the City.
- Follow-up by the City regarding concerns or complaints is seen as very important.