Upon request, the City can provide the following GIS data under the City's Open Data usage terms:
- 1:2000 topographic vector 2-D planimmetry and separate 3-D contours w/spot heights in either 136 2km square AutoCAD DWG tiles or as themed SHP files (based on April 2017 photography)
- 10cm pixel digital orthoimagery in "MrSID" file and "SID" world file @1:50 compression (based on April 2017 photography)
- Digital elevation model (DEM) in 136 2km Microstation DGN files (based on April 2017 photography)
- single line road network in AutoCAD DWG or SHP file format
DWG and SHP files are georeferenced to the City's NAD'83 (Original) datum, UTM projection, Zone 17. Depending on the version ordered, either a program capable of reading AutoCAD 2015 DWG files or ESRI shape files will be required to read the data. The DEM is only available in Microstation DGN format. The digital orthimagery requires the use of a freely available MrSID viewer plugin.
Requests should be made by emailing Geomatics. The data will be delivered by secure email (ftp) transfer.
Consultants working for the City can request special data needed for their contract by submitting a written request on company letterhead using the general format of this letter, identifying:
- the name of the project for which the information is required
- the City's project manager
- a detailed list of the information required including both content and area
The letter should be submitted to Geomatics for processing.
Special data is only available to Consultants working for the City and is provided under a restrictive licence agreement detailed in the letter of request.