Building permit fees depend on the floor area, scope of work and the type of building being constructed or altered. Please refer to the Fee Schedule in the Building By-Law for current rates.
Acceptable forms of payment include cash, cheque, or debit card.
3 Day Permits
Building Division offers a 3 Day review process, which can expedite the review of certain types of permit applications. Typical examples of permit applications eligible for 3 Day review include:
- Single detached dwellings
- Small commercial/industrial renovations requiring architectural review only.
- Small residential projects
Consult with your plan examiner when applying to determine if a 3 Day permit is possible for your application.
- Additional permit fees are applicable to 3 Day applications. (See By-law B-6, Schedule A for current fee)
- All applicable drawings and information must be provided at time of application. Partial submissions are not permitted.
- All required approvals must be in place prior to applying. (eg. Zoning, site plan approval)
- A 3 Day application expedites the review process only. Issuance of a building permit will proceed once all approvals are in place and any deficiencies have been addressed.
- Acceptance of 3 Day applications is subject to staff availability at the time of application.