The official website of the City of London300 Dufferin Avenue519-661-CITY (2489)

Why is My PDC Blocked?

House floodingThere are a number of reasons why your PDC is not functioning properly.  The obvious reason is there is an obstruction in the private sewer but what is actually obstructing the pipe may be more surprising.  Tree roots, grease build up, little Tommy’s toy car, all can contribute to a partial or full blockage in the PDC.  When you suspect there is a blockage in your PDC you should contact a plumber or drainage contractor to figure out the source of the problem.  In addition, contact the City at 519-661-4570 (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm) or 519-661-4965 (after hours) to report the flooding.  A City staff member will come out to your property to help try to determine the source of the flooding at no cost to the property owner.  Note that the City of London does not share basement flooding information with any external parties.


*Photo courtesy of Winmar

Last modified: