Volunteers at Dearness are an important part of our Care Team. Volunteers work with our residents in a number of ways:
- Assisting in Resident-focused programs, providing leadership and organization.
- Share your musical talents by providing entertainment.
- Visiting with residents who need one to one and small group interactions
- Palliative Care volunteer positions are available. (Palliative Care training would be an asset).
- Assisting with special events and monthly theme programs.
- Assisting with special projects.
- Accompanying residents on outings from the home.
- Fundraising events. Be a member of our Dearness Home Auxiliary.
** Due to the commitment that we make in selecting our volunteers and in training them for their new role, we ask that volunteers commit to our residents a minimum of one hour per week for at least six months.