Spiritual Care Is an important and meaningful part in our residents’ lives. Spiritual Care programs and services are available through our dedicated volunteers who provide opportunities for spiritual development and growth.
We at Dearness are very fortunate to have the support and involvement of our local faith groups/churches who regularly volunteer and thereby maintain meaningful linkages for our residents to their own faith groups.
In addition to our spiritual care volunteers we are pleased to have a non-denominational Chaplain at Dearness. Our Chaplain is available three days per week ministering to the spiritual needs of our residents, families and staff. Our Chaplain coordinates our spiritual resources, programs and volunteers as well as being a vital member of our Palliative Care Committee.
One of our special features created and supported by our Residents’ Council is our Meditation Room. You are welcome anytime of day to visit this peaceful place of memorial where our residents and families can have a quiet moment of reflection.
Spiritual Care Programs Include:
- Sunday Worship Services
- Hymn Sings
- Bible Studies
- Individual Visitation by Faith Groups, Volunteers and Chaplain
- Home Area Worship Services by local Faith Groups
- Active Spiritual Care Committee
- Palliative and Bereavement Support
- On-Call List of Local Clergy as may be requested
- Roman Catholic Mass and Communion
- Praying the Rosary
- Non-Denominational Communion
- Special Events on Holidays
- Meditation Room
- Memorial Services
- Fellowship Groups