Our Recreation Professionals strive to encompass a holistic approach and provide opportunities to meet the needs of each resident through meaningful programs and therapies 7 days a week, days and evenings. Our incredible student and volunteer supports help enable our residents to find success in their Recreation and Leisure pursuits.
- Special Therapies (Music, Art, Pet)
- Exercise Groups
- Community Programs (Swimming, Bowling, Shopping, Dining)
- Intergenerational Programs
- One to One visits
- Men’s Groups (Drumming, Fit-it-Shop, Breakfast Club)
- Knitting Club
- Discussion Groups
- Spiritual Programs
- Pampering Hands
Special Features Include:
- Resident Council- our active Council are members of OARC who meet monthly to advocate for our residents. All Residents are welcome to attend.
- Meditation Room: A peaceful place of memorial where our residents and family can have a quiet moment anytime of day
- Cozy Corner Library: Open 24/7 for our resident’s use this cozy space has access to many forms of library and media resources. (Including the London Public Library delivery services.)
- Dearness Pub: Open every Saturday, this is a welcoming place where residents can bring family and friends to enjoy music, laughter and a beverage.
- Dearness Home Theatre: Open every Thursday Evening for Oscar Night
- Special Dinner Events: Themed delicious formal dinners designed for our residents to host and celebrate special occasions with family and friends.
- Family Party Room: available for residents to host family get-togethers. Contact Manager of Community Life to make reservations.
- Dearness Gardens: breathtaking and welcoming grounds surround our home with courtyards and patios designed for resident programs and enjoyment
- Wellness Centre
- Snoezelen Room
- Hair Salon