The City of London will be reconstructing a portion of Wilton Grove Road to improve the quality and reliability of your sewer and road infrastructure. The information below outlines the project and some optional programs to upgrade your private services.
Scope of Project
- Utility Upgrades
- New sidewalk and street lights between Highbury Avenue and Commerce Road
- Concrete curb replacement
- New asphalt road surface
Status of Construction
This project has been staged to minimize inconveniences and maximize access. The timeline and phasing is subject to change and may vary depending on weather and other factors.
- Start date: Week of July 2nd, 2019
- Stage 1 – Veterans Memorial Parkway to Westchester Bourne (2019)
- Stage 2 – Old Victoria to Veterans Memorial Parkway (2019)
- Stage 3 – Highbury Avenue South to Commerce Road ( 2019/Surface Course Asphalt 2020)
- Stage 4 – Commerce Road to Country Paws Entrance (2019/2020)
- Stage 5 – Country Paws to Old Victoria Road ( 2020)
- Estimated completion date: November 2020
Accessibility - Residents who require accommodation (level entry, advanced notice, etc.) should contact the Consultant or City Project Manager to arrange for access during the construction period.
Pedestrians - New sidewalk will be added between Highbury Avenue and Commerce Road to improve pedestrian safety. Where applicable, signage will be erected on site at either end of the work indicating that the sidewalk is closed to alert pedestrians to find an alternate route.
Motorists - In order to complete the work in a safe manner, during construction all respective stages will be closed to through traffic. Detours and a traffic management plan will be in place. Businesses in the area will be kept apprised of activities that will have impact on property access, and the contractor and the City’s contract administration consultant will strive to maintain access to local businesses.
Cyclists - Cyclists should exercise caution around construction sites and follow all construction detour signs.
Transit Users - During Stage 3 of the project a short term closure will be required (anticipated duration is three weeks). During that time the bus stop closures/temporary bus stop relocations will be in effect. Visit the LTC website (londontransit.ca) to learn more.
Pre-Construction Notice - May 29, 2018
Construction Notice (Sanitary Sewer Replacement) - September 20, 2018
Construction Update (Sanitary Sewer Replacement) - October 30, 2018
Construction Notice - June 25, 2019