The City of London will be reconstructing a portion of Talbot Street in 2018 to improve the quality and reliability of your water, sewer, and road infrastructure. The information below outlines the project and some optional programs available to upgrade your private services.
Scope of Project
- Replacement of the existing watermain with larger diameter pipe.
- Installation of new storm sewers and catch basins to collect road drainage.
- Replacement of sanitary sewers where necessary.
- Road reconstruction including new curb & gutter, asphalt, and sidewalk replacement where required.
- Redesign and replacement of the traffic signals at the intersection of Talbot Street at Dufferin Avenue.
- “Complete Streets” streetscape improvements which may include:
- Enhanced boulevards;
- On-street parking & loading zone optimization;
- Street lighting replacement;
- Incorporation of urban design components (street furniture, planting beds, street trees, etc.);
Project Update Meeting Display Panels
Construction Notice - June 18, 2018
Construction Notice - August 16, 2018
Construction Notice - October 16, 2018