Parking Strategy for Downtown London
The Downtown Parking Strategy includes a review of existing parking conditions and future development potential based upon the relevant aspects of the London 2030 TMP, Rapid Transit EA and Business Case Analysis, Cycling Master Plan (London ON Bikes), the 2014 DC, and the Downtown Plan. The Parking Strategy recommendations provided include:
- the City’s future role in the provision of shared public parking resources;
- the integration of Transportation Demand Management considerations into its parking strategy;
- parking supply requirements in the zoning by-law;
- discontinuation of temporary zoning for surface commercial parking lots;
- the payment in lieu of parking by-law;
- a funding plan;
- a parking system management structure;
- A Vision, Mission, Key Goals and Objectives for the strategy.
A Downtown London Parking Utilization Study was completed in early 2015 however, a long term strategy that links the planning and development objectives was not part of the study. The Parking Strategy is more comprehensive and ties the Rapid Transit initiative, the Transportation Master Plan and the London Downtown Plan objectives together.