In December 2017, as part of the annual budget update process, City Council approved a 22-month pilot that will provide youth ages 13-17 with a transit pass for $52 per month. This pilot will begin on September 1.
Here are some things to know about the new program:
- Youth Transit Passes can be purchased at one of eight City locations OR one of two LTC locations
- Youth Transit Passes can be purchased beginning August 15 for use as of September 1
- After the initial Youth Transit Pass purchase, future monthly passes can be purchased online through London Transit
- ID is not required at the time of purchase, however valid secondary school ID cards or government-issued photo ID may be required while boarding the bus
- Student tickets will still be available for purchase at LTC locations and existing LTC vendor locations
Where Can Youth Transit Passes be Purchased?
- Canada Aquatic Games Centre, 1045 Wonderland Rd. N.
- Citi Plaza, 355 Wellington Street Suite #248, 2nd Floor South Wing
- City Hall, 300 Dufferin Ave.
- Kiwanis Seniors’ Community Centre, 78 Riverside Dr.
- Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre, 656 Elizabeth St.
- North London Optimist Community Centre, 1345 Cheapside St.
- South London Community Pool, 585 Bradley Ave.
- LTC Head Office, 450 Highbury Ave. N.
- LTC Downtown Information Office, 150 Dundas St.
Bostwick Community Centre, 501 Southdale Rd. W. (Opening Sept 2018 - click here for updates about the official opening date)
What is needed to purchase a Youth Bus Pass online?
The initial purchase for a Youth Bus pass must be done at one of the locations listed above. This is so that residents can be provided with a Youth Smart Card. It will not be possible to purchase a Youth Pass using an existing Smart Card.
After the first Youth Pass has been purchased, the resident can use the Smart Card they have been provided to purchase the Youth Pass online at www.londontransit.ca each month.