Do Your Part
Obey the rules of the road and make use of crosswalks located at traffic signals, pedestrian signals or pedestrian crossovers were the driver is required to yield the right of way to pedestrians.
Did You Know?
Although the number of collisions involving pedestrians is only a small percentage of total collisions in the city of London, the severity of this collision type is very high, with over 90% of them resulting in injury or death.
- Stay alert. Do not assume that drivers can see you— wear visible clothing. Reflective patches are especially good at night.
- Stop and look before crossing. Always look left, right and left again before crossing a street.
- Avoid crossing streets at midblock locations.
- Be ready for unexpected events. Keep an eye on vehicles entering or existing driveways
Do not be a “distracted” pedestrian
- If you wear headphones keep the volume low.
- Use particular caution while crossing an street. Your call or texting can wait.
- Make your child aware about of the risks of distraction and reinforce the proper techniques for crossing the road safely with your child.