Do Your Part
Statistics show that most collisions at intersections are caused by an improper driver action such as: following too close, failing to yield the right-of-way and disobeying a traffic control.
Safety Is Our #1 Priority
The City of London is working on improving the geometric design and visibility of intersections experiencing higher than expected number of collisions to make these locations safer.
At signalized intersections
- Keep a reasonable distance from the vehicle in front as you approach an intersection— it might stop unexpectedly.
- Always stop at a yellow light unless you are unable to do it safely.
- Pause, and check cross-traffic before proceeding at the start of a green light.
- Focus on the signals, other cars and pedestrians in the intersection.
- When waiting to turn left or right pay special attention to pedestrians and always yield the right-of-way to pedestrians rightfully crossing the intersection.
At stop-controlled intersections
- A stop sign requires all vehicles—including cyclists, to complete a full stop.
- At an All Way Stop remember the Rule of the Right.
- Pay attention to your surroundings and yield the right-of-way to pedestrians rightfully crossing the intersection.