Although City crews regularly patrol streets to identify pot holes and other road deficiencies, pot holes can develop quickly when temperatures hover around zero degrees. We can use your help in identifying locations that require attention.
To Report a Pot Hole
Please be as specific as possible about the location of the pot hole and let us know as many of the following details as you can gather:
- the name of the street
- the nearest municipal (building) number
- the name of the nearest cross-street
- which lane (i.e., north bound lane, turning lane, etc.)
Pothole complaints are addressed on both a priority and scheduling basis. On average, most pot holes are filled within a 12 to 48 hour period.
When Vehicle Damage Occurs
If your vehicle is damaged because of striking a pothole, we suggest
- Do not continue to drive your vehicle if it is not operating properly.
- Record the exact location of the pothole and report it to the City as outlined above.
- Have the vehicle inspected by a licensed mechanic
You may wish to contact your insurance broker or insurer as you may have coverage for this type of vehicle damage.