The official website of the City of London300 Dufferin Avenue519-661-CITY (2489)3-1-1 (within London)

Neighbourhood Service Days

Registration and information about City of London programs and services will be available at your local neighbourhood library! City staff will be onsite and available to answer your questions and help you to:

Date and Location of Neighbourhood Service Days:

None at this time.




To apply for the programs on-site during Neighbourhood Service Days, please bring the following information with you:

Expand All
Collapse All
  • Parks & Recreation Programs

    If applying based on income…

    Bring completed PYW application form or fill out on site. Please note, if individuals are presenting information on behalf of another family member who is 18 or older, it must be accompanied with a signed letter from the individual consenting to the release of this information on his/her behalf.

    1. Identification for each family member in the household (ex. birth certificate, Canadian Citizenship, permanent resident card or Refugee documents, Canadian Passport, valid Ontario driver’s license, etc)

    2. Proofs of income for the household (ex. Canada Revenue Agency notice of assessment from the current year for each adult in the household, showing line #236 (net income), Canada Child Tax Benefit summary stating family’s Adjusted Annual Income

    • If you cannot provide the information as listed above, please provide the following: two consecutive and current pay/income stubs for each adult with earnings as well as 60 days of bank statements
    • If you are unable to provide proof of income documents, you may submit a signed letter from a representative of a social agency or religious institution that lists all family members, verifies your total family income, and includes your address. This includes letters from shelters or services for homeless. All letters must be printed on agency letterhead.

    3. Proof of Residency in London (ex. rent receipts that show address and name of applicant, lease or mortgage agreement, property tax bill, current utility bill, valid Ontario Driver’s License)

    Individuals receiving Ontario Works (OW) or on the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) are automatically eligible to receiving funding but are still required to apply and provide the following supporting documentation…

    1. OW/ODSP cheque stub and drug card

    2. Identification for anyone listed on the drug card that is over 18 years old

    3. Proof of address

    **ODSP Recipients: children covered under these benefits have recently been removed from the drug/dental card. In order to be eligible for PYW Funding, you must either provide:

    • A letter from your case worker indicating the children covered under the benefits or

    • Both a Healthy Smiles Card & OHIP card for any applicable children dependents

  • Discretionary Benefits

    For non-SARS applications for Discretionary Benefits, we require the client to submit:

    Copy of ID for all household members (example; health card, birth certificate)

    • Provide proof of the need for the item (example; prescription, medical letter)
    • An estimate for the item you are requesting (please note, prescription only is required for eye glasses)
    • Verification of London address (example; recent utility bill, lease or rental agreement, mortgage documents)
    • Income verification (example; most recent Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada for all household members, most recent Annual Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) statement showing family income, pay stubs, bank statements or other documentation of income)
  • Child Care Fee Subsidy Applications

    1 - INCOME INFORMATION                                                                                                                                           

    You must provide one of the following to verify your income level:

    • Most recent Notice of Assessment (NOA) from Revenue Canada for applicant and spouse (if
    • applicable) and your Canada Child Benefit Statement
    • Most recent Annual Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) statement showing Family Income


    If on Ontario Works or ODSP:

    • Statement of current Ontario Works or current ODSP Income and
    • Most recent Notice of Assessment (NOA) from Revenue Canada for applicant and spouse (if
    • applicable) and your Universal Child Care Benefit Statement
    • or Most recent Annual Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) statement showing Family Income


    2 - APPLICANT & CHILD INFORMATION                                                                                                                        

    You must provide one of the following to verify status in Canada for all family members:

    • Birth Certificate
    • Ontario Health Card
    • Passport, Citizenship or Immigration documents as verification of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent
    • Resident or Landed Immigrant Status, or work/student visa (if temporary resident)


    • Legal Custody / Separation Agreement / Guardianship documents (if applicable)


    3 - PROOF OF LONDON AdADDRESS                                                                                                                        

    You must provide one of the following with your current address:

    • Your most recent Utility Bill such as cable, hydro, gas
    • Your most recent Lease or Rental Agreement

    4 - PROOF OF NEED FOR CHILD CARE                                                                                                                      

    You must provide one of the following to show your need for child care (for each Applicant):

    • Student/Training: School timetable and confirmation of your registration in school showing start and end dates. Please include type of funding if applicable (EI, OSAP)
    • Employed: Two most recent pay stubs OR a letter from your employer on company letterhead that shows your place of employment, your hours and days of work
    • Self Employed:  Income Expense Statement or Business License (from T1 General) and business card
    • Maternity or Parental Leave:  Letter from your employer stating your return to work date
    • Special Needs and/or Referrals: A referral package completed by your medical doctor, community agency or other professional about you or your child’s need for child care. Request a referral package from our office.

    Photocopies of items 1 - 4 must be attached to your completed application.

Last modified: