*PLEASE NOTE THIS FACILITY IS CLOSED ON July 1
**Please note Summer Hours take effect July 2 - August 31
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday / Sunday 10:00am - 6:00pm
1221 Sandford Street
London ON N5V 2J8
The Stronach Community Recreation Centre is your Northeast London Community Connection! Stronach is a multi-purpose facility that offers a variety of rental and programming opportunities. In addition, there are two ice pads (which serve as floor pads in the summer), a large outdoor pool with waterslide (open seasonally), five baseball diamonds and a district level skateboard park.
Stronach also features one large meeting room, capable of being divided into two smaller rooms. This meeting room comes outfitted with a variety of amenities including a kitchenette, and can be rented to hold meetings, showers, birthdays, registration sessions and more!
Programming offered at Stronach ranges from drop-in ice skating and drop-in gym time to structured programs including dance, sports, exercise, cooking and art programs for children, teens, adults, and older adults. Stronach truly offers something for everyone. We look forward to serving you.
- 5 Baseball diamonds
- Outdoor pool
- Wheelchair accessible
- Maximum capacity of 75 people.
- Room can be divided into two separate rooms (A side and B side) with a sliding dividing door.
- Divided rooms are equally 20 x 40 ft.
- A side includes kitchenette. B side includes sink only.
- Large meeting room or Room A includes: 1 drop down media screen, electrical hook-up.
Blackout blinds and a hidden projector screen and projector.
- Coffee Urn/Tea Kettle
- Video screen
- White/chalk board
- Tables and chairs
- NCAA standard size court 94' x 50' and 21' high ceiling.
- Hardwood sprung floor
- Electronic scoreboard
- Sound system
- Divides in half with a canvas curtain
- Maximum capacity of 300 people (standing)
- Basketball: 1 full court, 2 half courts, 4 practice nets, 2 full court nets
- Badminton: 4 courts
- Volleyball: 1 full court, 2 half courts
- Soccer: 2 indoor soccer nets available
- Indoor Baseball Batting Cage
- Floor hockey nets
- Badminton nets
- Volleyball net
Drop In Programs
Monday and Wednesday: Teen/Adult Basketball 3:00-5:00pm
Wednesday: Teen/Adult Soccer 9:00-10:30pm
Friday: Teen/Adult Basketball 6:30-10:30pm
Saturday: Teen/Adult Badminton 2:30-4 :30pm
Sunday: Teen/Adult Volleyball 7:30-9:30pm
Please note that this schedule may change. a low or high attendance number may necessitate the addition or removal of a drop-in time or a change in designation.
Non-specific sports drop-ins will involve sports based on interest shown by all participants. Attendants present during drop in sessions are meant to facilitate participation and ensure fair play. Participant supervision is not provided.