To ensure a safe enjoyable environment for public skating all users are required to observe the following rules:
- Do not proceed on the ice until the Zamboni is off the ice and the gates are closed.
The following are prohibited from the ice rink:
- Food and Beverages
- Tobacco products
- Illegal drugs
- Children 5 years of age and under must wear CSA approved helmet. (3 months and younger don't require a helmet if in a stroller).
- Strongly recommend that all users wear CSA head protection.
- Maintain a safe controlled speed.
- Beginner skaters only in the centre circle (or as marked).
- Skating aids, strollers or buggies may be allowed when deemed safe by the cashier/cruiser.
- No chairs or umbrella strollers.
For reasons of safety, the following are not permitted during general public skate sessions:
- Games (crack the whip, tag, horseplay, etc)
- Snowball or glove throwing
- Hockey/ringette sticks, pucks or balls
- Skating backwards
- Holding children in arms while skating
- Jumps, spins or other figure skating routines
- Sitting on the rink boards
- Persons not wearing skates
Assumption of Risk
Skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of and assume the inherent risks including, but are not limited too:
a) Injuries from collisions or contact with other individuals on the ice surface
b) Injuries from falls
The ice surface maximum skating capacity is 160 participants.