To ensure a safe enjoyable environment for public skating all users are required to observe the following rules:
- Do not proceed on the ice until the Zamboni is off the ice and the gates are closed.
- The following are prohibited from the ice rink:
- Food and Beverages
- Tobacco products
- Illegal drugs
- Children 5 years of age and under must wear CSA approved helmet. (3 months and younger don't require a helmet if in a stroller).
- Strongly recommend that all users wear CSA head protection.
- Maintain a safe controlled speed.
- Beginner skaters only in the centre circle (or as marked).
- Skating aids, strollers or buggies may be allowed when deemed safe by the cashier/cruiser.
- No chairs or umbrella strollers.
For reasons of safety, the following are not permitted during general public skate sessions:
- Games (crack the whip, tag, horseplay, etc)
- Snowball or glove throwing
- Hockey/ringette sticks, pucks or balls
- Skating backwards
- Holding children in arms while skating
- Jumps, spins or other figure skating routines
- Sitting on the rink boards
- Persons not wearing skates
Assumption of Risk
Skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of and assume the inherent risks including, but are not limited too:
a) Injuries from collisions or contact with other individuals on the ice surface
b) Injuries from falls
The ice surface maximum skating capacity is 160 participants.
For information regarding public skating programs contact area recreation services at 519-661-2500 ext 2362 or ext 5913.