Adopt-A-Park Program is a free, community partnership with the City of London and London residents and community groups. The program encourages community groups, neighbours and local businesses to get involved in the preservation and enhancement of our many great parks, green spaces, skateboard and dog parks. London's parks are enjoyed by many residents and are appreciated by all. By participating in the Adopt-a-Park program, volunteers donate time to give special care to a City park by helping to maintain, beautify, enhance and keep the park safe for all to enjoy.
There are over 400 parks in the City of London that are still eligible for adoption. Larger parks are divided into smaller sections allowing for multiple adopters to participate. Bring your friends, family, neighbours, social, work or interest groups together to increase the pride, cleanliness, and beauty in your neighbourhood. The City of London will provide the materials and supports needed to complete your twice annual clean-up activities.
Park Adopters agree to:
- Host a minimum of two clean-up days per year, spring and fall, for at least two years
- Consider hosting additional events and clean-ups throughout the year
- Work together with the City in coordinating projects and park events
- Record and report volunteer hours and activities
The City agrees to:
- Provide the tools you will need for a successful clean-up day including garbage bags etc.;
- Help with any inquiries, assistance or guidance you may need;
- Erect an Adopt-A-Park sign with your groups name on it, recognizing your commitment to care for the park;
- Assist with purchase of trees, shrubs and flowers provide guidance and expertise on how to plant;
- Remove filled garbage bags from the park after your clean-up day.
Adopting a park:
- Strengthens your connection to your neighbourhood!
- Brings your group together for a common goal – a great way to team build!
- Gives you pride through actively benefiting your community!
- Increases the cleanliness and beauty of our city parks!
To find out if your neighbourhood park is available for adoption, contact email@example.com
Certificate of Appreciation for park adopters at Springbank Gardens - Guy Lombardo Pavilion. 2015
Adopt A Park Certificate of Appreciation Ceremony at Springbank Gardens. 2015
Map of all the Adopt A Park parks.
Adopt A Park - Neighbours of Ingleside Place.