City Extends Time in Municipal Lots for New Year's Eve
Motorists who park in any City of London municipal parking lot on New Year’s Eve need only to pay until midnight and can leave their vehicles for free until New Year's Day at 1pm, without the risk of receiving a parking ticket or being towed.
The City is extending park times in our lots to offer motorists another option for parking on this festive evening.
Municipal lots are marked with a green symbol showing the letter "P" and should not be confused with lots owned by private companies. All other on-street parking regulations must be adhered to.
There are 19 municipal lots eligible in the Downtown, Richmond Row and Old East areas of the city, with over 1500 lot spaces available.
Lot 1 Dundas/Elizabeth/English Street – 434 Elizabeth Street
Lot 2 Dundas/Elizabeth/Adelaide – 641 Queens Avenue
Lot 3N Oxford West of Richmond – 743 Richmond Street
Lot 3E Piccadilly/Oxford St E. - 234 Piccadilly Street
Lot 3W Piccadilly West of Richmond – 210 Piccadilly Street
Lot 4 Adelaide/Marshall Street (Tolpuddle) 635 Marshall Street
Lot 5 Queens Ave East of Richmond – 185 Queens Avenue
Lot 6 Kent Street West of Richmond – 174 Kent Street
Lot 7 Dundas/Rectory - 824 Dundas Street
Lot 8 Budweiser Gardens - 99 Dundas Street
Lot 11 King Street East of Thames – 331 Thames Street
Lot 12 Ridout/Horton Street – 199 Ridout Street N
Lot 15 Convention Centre – 300 York Street
Lot 16 205 Oxford Street
Lot 17 Thames Street – 331 Thames Street
Lot 19 Museum London – 421 Ridout Street
Lot 20 – 155 Kent Street
Lot 21 – 558 Talbot Street
Lot 22 – 695 Richmond Street
Free Holiday Parking
The City of London is pleased to provide free parking in the Downtown Core, Richmond Row, and Old East Village shopping districts during the month of December.
Anyone wishing to take advantage of this free holiday parking should note that each meter has a maximum parking time limit posted on each meter. Vehicles parked longer than the posted maximum time are subject to parking tickets. Free parking does not apply in parking lots and all other signs must be adhered to.
Only specially marked on-street individual meters qualify for free parking, so be sure to look for the "Free Parking - Courtesy of the City of London" notice on the display panel. Pay 'n Display meters that qualify for free parking indicate two hours free on the machine.
For more information please call 519-661-4537.
Need a Place to Park?
The City of London manages approximately 20% of available parking downtown with 20 Municipal Parking Lots available to the public.
- All City run lots are identified with a green “P” symbol
- All off-street Municipal lots are unattended and are on a first come first serve basis
- Monthly parking permits are based on availability in selected Municipal lots. For availability or more information please call 519-661-4537
- When parking in a Municipal lot you are required to display your permit at all times. If you do not have a permit you are required to purchase a receipt from one of the pay and display mastermeters located in the lot and display the receipt on your dashboard, not doing so will be subject to a parking infraction
- Do you have a faulty meter, call 519-661-4537 with the meter number to report the problem
- Always have change available prior to parking in order to avoid an infraction, payment is expected immediately upon arrival.
- What you pay for parking depends on your destination and the walking distance from your parked vehicle.
- It is a good idea to have an alternative lot in mind in case your first choice is full when you arrive.