New On-Street Metered Parking Initiative
The City of London is pleased to announce a convenient new on-street parking initiative designed to benefit parking customers who purchase Pay n Display receipts. This new program will allow Londoners to use the receipt at other on-street metered parking spots until the expiration time noted on the receipt.
Meter time may be purchased at any on-street Pay n Display parking meter and used again at any on-street Pay n Display or individual meter as long as the receipt has time remaining. The receipt must be displayed so that the expiry time is visible on the dashboard of the vehicle and parking signs must be followed.
- Receipts purchased at master meters in off-street City Parking lots cannot be used at on-street metered areas
- All on-street signage must be adhered to
- Pay attention to the time limits posted on each meter
- Pay attention to the time the receipt expires
- On-street receipts have red text indicating they are valid at all on-street metered areas only. These receipts are not valid in off-street parking lots
Need a Place to Park?
The City of London manages approximately 20% of available parking downtown with 20 Municipal Parking Lots available to the public.
- All City run lots are identified with a green “P” symbol
- All off-street Municipal lots are unattended and are on a first come first serve basis
- Monthly parking permits are based on availability in selected Municipal lots. For availability or more information please call 519-661-4537
- When parking in a Municipal lot you are required to display your permit at all times. If you do not have a permit you are required to purchase a receipt from one of the pay and display mastermeters located in the lot and display the receipt on your dashboard, not doing so will be subject to a parking infraction
- Do you have a faulty meter, call 519-661-4537 with the meter number to report the problem
- Always have change available prior to parking in order to avoid an infraction, payment is expected immediately upon arrival.
- What you pay for parking depends on your destination and the walking distance from your parked vehicle.
- It is a good idea to have an alternative lot in mind in case your first choice is full when you arrive.