Effective 2016, the creation and support of new affordable housing will be done through the Housing Development Corporation (HDC). Visit www.hdclondon.ca for more information.
Approval of the Housing Development Corporation, London (HDC)
On August 27th, the Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee (SPPC) hosted a public participation meeting regarding the HDC proposal. Following this, a resolution was tabled to create the HDC. On September 3, 2014, Municipal Council approved the recommendation of the SPPC and directed the creation of the Housing Development Corporation, London (HDC).
Final resolutions and bylaws can be viewed under the minutes of the above noted meetings in the “Council and Committee Meetings” section of this website.
Civic Administration is working on the required activities to incorporate and establish the HDC as a business corporation of the City.
Final HDC Reports to July 28 Meeting of Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee
Information and Resources related to Exploring the Creation of a Municipal HDC:
September 27, 2013 Webinar
- September 27 Webinar Intro
- September 27 Webinar Bridge Housing
- September 27 Webinar Enterprise Presentation
- September 28 Webinar
November 12, 2013 Webinar
- Complete Webinar Recording
- London HDC Introduction
- MaRS Webinar Development Corporation
- Ottawa Presentation
- Ottawa Community Housing Overview
November 18, 2013 National Housing Day
- Exploring Sustainable Housing Presentation
- SHS Consulting Presentation on a Proposed Housing Development Corporation
November 18, 2013 Council Housing Leadership Committee Meeting
- London HDC Interim Report
- Preliminary Consultant Report
- SHS Consulting Presentation to Council Housing Leadership Committee
April 3, 2014 Council Housing Leadership Committee Meeting (CHLC)