Social Housing General Information
Social housing is also referred to as subsidized, low income or rent-geared-to-income (RGI) housing.
The Housing Access Centre:
- Provides information on social housing
- Takes applications for social housing
- Maintains the waitlists on behalf of the housing providers for social housing
The Housing Access Centre does not offer housing to applicants, predict or guess when you will be housed.
Applying for Social Housing
To qualify for social housing programs in the City of London and the County of Middlesex, applicants must:
- Be 16 years of age or older and be able to live independently.
- Each member must be a Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant, or Refugee Claimant.
- No member of household has a deportation order, departure or exclusion order under the Immigration Act.
- No member of household owes arrears, for either rent or damage to any social housing units.
There are two ways you can apply for social housing. You can either click to apply online or complete the following steps:
The basic Application consists of the following 2 forms. Download and print both forms:
The forms are Adobe PDF. To download and print or to use the computer fillable form you must have the latest in Adobe's PDF on your computer. Click on the Adobe’s link for a free download.
You may qualify for Special Priority Status or Urgent Status. Look at the forms below. If any of the circumstances seem to apply to you, then complete the forms and submit them with your basic application.
You would use these forms if you are a victim of domestic violence and need to find housing right away.
- Request for Special Priority Form - Sample Letter for Special Priority Policy
- Verification of Abuse for Special Priority Form
Urgent Application Forms
You would use these forms if you are either homeless, have a medical urgency need or a social urgency need to live in social housing.
- Request for Urgent Homeless Status Form
- Request for Urgent Medical Status Form
- Request for Urgent Social Status Form
Additional Application and Appeal Forms
- Internal Review Form
- Final Review Form
- Independent Living Assessment Form
- Divestment of Residential Property
Submit your forms and documents to the Housing Access Centre:
379 Dundas Street, Suite 116
London, ON N6B 1V5
Telephone: 519- 661-0861
(Please note that applications will not be accepted by fax or email)
Regular business hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Please remember: All applications must include birth verification and income verification for all people on the application. Incomplete applications may be returned to you unprocessed.