Would you like fire safety training in your workplace?
Our Public Educators will come to your workplace and provide fire safety training to employees. There is no cost for London businesses. For more information or to book an educator for your business, please visit our Public Education page.
- Give heat generating equipment room to breathe. Don't stack papers on devices such as computer monitors.
- Don't pinch extension cords under furniture.
- Report frayed electrical cords.
- Unplug coffeemakers and other small appliances before everyone leaves for home.
- Make sure your exit ways are not blocked by trash, boxes or other potential impediments.
- Report blocked exit ways as well as problems with sprinklers, alarms and emergency lighting.
- Carefully store flammable liquids if they are used in your workplace.
- Make sure everyone is out or leaving the building and the Fire Department is on the way before you consider using an extinguisher.
- Fire extinguishers are only good for fighting small fires.
- Ensure that you are using the right type of extinguisher for the fire you are trying to put out.
- To find out more about extinguishers, visit our Fire Extinguisher page.
- Ask your employer to provide information on the use of extinguishers.