The Fish and Paddle Guide is a project that was shaped by the Urban Fishing Pilot Project initiated in 2016 by staff at the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (Alymer Office) and area fishing enthusiasts to promote the fishing resources in London. Additional information relevant for both fishing and paddling enthusiasts seemed an obvious collaboration of “river users” and resulted in the production of this Guide.
About the Fish and Paddle Guide:
- Produced by talented Fanshawe College students enrolled in the GIS and Urban Planning School of Design.
- Sponsored by Upper Thames River Conservation Authority, London Community Foundation (Back to the River initiative), Tourism London, London’s Paddling Shop and Angling Sports Inc.
- In-kind supported by the Thames River Anglers Association, Forest City Fly Fisherman, Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (Zone J), the Western Ontario Fish and Game Club, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, London Canoe Club and the City of London - Environmental Programs.
Fish and Paddle Guide:
- Tourism London Info Centre – 696 Wellington Street
- UTRCA Watershed Conservation Centre
- London’s Paddling Shop - Nova Craft Canoe
- Angling Sports
- …and various other fishing tackle and paddling equipment outlets.