Dundas Place Study Area
Dundas Place was identified as a top priority in the Our Move Forward: London’s Downtown Plan, as part of the revitalizing downtown strategy. The City of London has retained Dillon Consulting Ltd. to initiate a Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA) Study for the redesign of the Dundas Street corridor from Wellington Street to the Thames River called “My Dundas”. The Dundas Place study will be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment process, which is an approved process under the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act.
The Dundas Place EA study will review:
- Turning Dundas Street into a flexible street between Wellington Street and the Thames River.
- Ensuring all public realm works and planning applications support Dundas Street as the city’s premier destination street.
- Relocating bus routes from Dundas Street to create a more flexible public space and promote pedestrian activity.
- Animating Dundas Street with a variety of programmed events and activities.
- Developing a downtown maintenance program that sets Dundas Street as the highest standard in the city.
Information on this project is available at www.dundasplace.ca or by contacting the following project representatives, located in the top right corner of this page.
Dundas Reveal Event – November 2017
Notice of Completion – January 2017
Public Engagement Event – June 22, 2016
The Sights and Sounds of Dundas Place
Public Engagement Event – January 13, 2016
From Fixed to Flex
Commencement and Public Engagement Event – September 26, 2015