The study area extends from the Commissioners Road intersection with Springbank Drive/Byron Baseline Road, extending through the Byron Pit to the Commissioners Road/Cranbrook Drive intersection.
The study will identify and evaluate different alternative designs, and will also consider the environmental, socio-economic and cultural factors as the basis for this assessment.
- Confirm the need to realign Commissioners Road West.
- Prepare an inventory covering all engineering and environmental conditions potentially affected by improvements.
- Develop and evaluate design solutions to implement the preferred plan.
- Comparative evaluation of the impacts of the design options. Key considerations are property/access impacts and improving safety for all transportation modes.
- Identification of a preferred design for the road realignment.
- Recommend improvements to intersections affected by the potential realignment.
- Documentation of the EA process in an Environmental Study Report (ESR). The report will be available for a 30-day public and agency review period.
- Notice of Commencement
- Notice of Public Information Centre #1 (March 30, 2017)
- Notice of Public Information Centre #2 (November 29, 2017)
- Notice of Completion