For more information and to provide comments/ feedback please go to our NEW Get Involved London website. Public Information Centre #3 to occur in the Fall of 2017!
The City of London has retained MMM Group, to undertake a Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA) Study for the anticipated improvements of Adelaide Street at the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR). This project is being carried out under the planning and design process for a Schedule ‘C’ project as outlined in the Municipal Engineers Association’s Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (October 2000, as amended in 2007 and 2011). The 2014 Transportation Development Charges Study and the London Transportation Master (TMP) identified the need for Adelaide Street grade separation and for traffic capacity optimization and transit priority.
The Adelaide Street / CPR Grade Separation EA Study will:
- Confirm the needs of the Adelaide Street corridor, recognizing the full range of users within the community including pedestrians, cyclists, rail, transit vehicles and motorists.
- Identify and assess a range of planning and design alternatives for the grade separation including subway (rail over road) and overpass (road over rail).
- Consider the opportunity to identify, preserve and celebrate the natural and cultural heritage resources, and promote pedestrian environment along the corridor.
- Engage public participation throughout the study process.
- Develop a functional and visually attractive design concept for vehicular travel lanes, cycling lanes, and sidewalks that reflects the community and transportation contexts
Public input is welcome throughout the study.To provide comments or to be added to the mailing list, please contact the people identified under the contact us section, located in the top right corner of this page.