The aim of the Citizen Academy Program (CAP) is to implement a public education citizen outreach volunteer program for the City of London. Build a community awareness team by training citizens in an emergency management program that will encourage resilience, protect the environment and property in our community.
The Citizen Academy Program will give adult residents of London an opportunity to learn first hand about emergency management issues and programs in London. Citizens will participate in classroom sessions facilitated by staff from Corporate Security and Emergency Management.
Citizens will assist the community with emergency management information.
Citizens who wish to join CAP should:
- Be a volunteer;
- Committed to help in their community;
- Contact with the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) for brochures and emergency response guides; and
- Have the ability and commitment to perform their tasks.
- Each session will focus on the following topics:
- EOC exercise video;
- Tour of EOC;
- 72 Emergency preparedness presentation & video;
- Emergency Management in London Presentation; and
- CAP ambassador outreach information.
- Invitations to other EOC events. i.e. Environment Canada weather presentations or IMS courses
The first CAP session will be held on October 30, 2019 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm, please plan to arrive 15 minutes early for registration.
For more information or to sign up for CAP please email
Amy Leggate at email@example.com
NOTICE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information collected on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used to contact Citizen Academy Program members with information regarding upcoming events. Questions about this collection should be addressed to the Manager, Henry Klausnitzer at 275 Boler Rd., London, ON N6K 2J9. Tel: 519-661-2489 x 7501, email: firstname.lastname@example.org