As rain continues in the city, there are areas that are experiencing flooding. The following roads are now closed as a result of high water levels:
- Hamilton Road between Commissioners and Clarke Roads
- Dingman Road between Old Victoria and Highbury Roads
- Westminster Road east of Wonderland Road
- Third Street between Dundas Street and Parkhurst Avenue
- Pine Street at Hume Street and Adelaide Street
- Hume Street at Sycamore Street
As water levels continue to rise, please be aware that the following areas may also be at risk of flooding:
- Windermere Road west of Adelaide Street
- Western University campus
- Parking lots along the west side of Richmond Road, north of the University gates.
Residents are being asked to stay clear of parklands along both sides of the Thames River, as well as to avoid any natural water bodies and stormwater ponds.
Residents can take steps in advance to prepare and protect against basement and yard flooding. Information and resources are available at london.ca/basementflooding
Should basement flooding occur, please visit: Tips to Minimize Flood Damage
The City of London has work crews addressing flooding-related issues. Residents can make service calls about a basement or yard flooding by calling the City at 519-661-4570 between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or call 519-661-4965 after hours, 24/7.