With yesterday’s Provincial announcement permitting the reopening of some park amenities, the City of London is preparing to open City golf courses on Saturday, May 16 and off-leash dog parks on Tuesday, May 19. Preparations are underway to open these spaces maintaining the required health and safety measures.
City of London Golf Courses
Fanshawe Golf Course and Thames Valley Golf Course will reopen on Saturday, May 16. River Road Golf Course will remain closed until further notice. In a continued effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, physical distancing measures will be in place at all golf courses. Additionally, the City has implemented new COVID-19 policies and procedures at our golf courses. These can be found online at london.ca/golf.
Starting tomorrow, a Marshal will be present at each golf course to ensure all practices and procedures are being followed and to answer any questions players may have.
Seasonal membership update
With the delayed start to the season, members’ accounts will automatically be credited with the difference in the amended seasonal membership cost. These credits will be available for future use. For more information, please visit london.ca/golf. To request to have any account credits refunded back, please contact customer service at email@example.com. Due to reduced staffing levels, credits and refunds may take longer than usual.
Off-leash dog parks
Preparations are underway to reopen all off-leash dog parks on Tuesday, May 19.
- Campbell Memorial Park Dog Off-Leash Area - Campbell Memorial Park
- Caesars Off-Leash Area - 941 Commissioners Road East
- Greenway Off-Leash Area – Greenway Park
- Pottersburg-FIDO Off-Leash Area – Pottersburg Park
- Stoney Creek Off-Leash Area - Stoney Creek Meadow
Ongoing health precautions and measures will continue to be important to help protect the safety and well-being of the community.
For anyone who chooses to use these spaces, the City continues to ask for full and continued cooperation in following all of the precautions identified by the Middlesex London Health Unit including:
- Stay six feet away from each other (physical distancing)
- Avoid all non-essential gatherings of any size
- Stay home from work and other activities if you are sick
- Self-isolate if you have travelled outside of Canada
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently (for at least 20 seconds)
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your sleeve or cough and sleeve into your elbow
- Clean and disinfect high touch areas frequently
Tennis and Pickleball Courts
The City is working quickly to reopen tennis and pickleball courts. More information will be shared as soon as these spaces are ready to open. For now, these spaces will remain closed until further notice.
For further information and a list of City of London services that have been impacted by COVID-19, please continue to visit www.london.ca/covid-19.