With continued rainfall, additional roads have been closed as a result of flooding. This includes the following locations:
- Riverside Drive between Wharncliffe Road and Woodward Avenue
- Wonderland Road, betwween Springbank and Riverside Drive
- Windermere Road between Doon Drive and Adelaide Street North
- Walnut Street from Riverside Drive to Cavendish Crescent
- Wyatt Street from Wharncliffe Road North to Cavendish Crescent
The following roads were closed yesterday as well:
- Hamilton Road between Commissioners and Clarke Roads
- Dingman Road between Old Victoria and Highbury Roads
- Westminster Road east of Wonderland Road
- Hume Street at Sycamore Street
Residents should travel with caution and keep in mind that these road closures may affect their drive into work. All road closure information can be found at apps.london.ca/RightOfWay/
As rain continues, residents are being asked to stay clear of parklands along both sides of the Thames River, as well as to avoid any natural water bodies and stormwater ponds as these waters could be dangerous.
Residents can take steps in advance to prepare and protect against basement and yard flooding. Information and resources are available at london.ca/basementflooding
Should basement flooding occur, remember health and safety should be your top concern. Visit Tips to Minimize Flood Damage to learn more.
The City of London has work crews addressing flooding-related issues. Residents can make service calls about a basement or yard flooding by calling the City at 519-661-4570 between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or call 519-661-4965 after hours, 24/7.