2013 Residential Street Sweeping
The 2013 Residential Street Sweeping Program has started.
- The Residential Street Beat schedule is divided into 34 beats. Identify
which beat you live in on the map below and click on the area for more
details such as approximate start time for street sweeping in that area.
- Please contact 519-661-4570 or if there is an issue with the street
sweeping of your local residential street
- Night street sweeping crews will continue to sweep main street, downtown
and gateway roads.
The Residential Street Beat schedule is divided into 34 districts. Find the zone
that you live in and click on the map below for more details.
GENERAL SWEEPING / FLUSHING PROCEDURES FOR LONDON ROADS.
- Local residential streets are completed once in the spring as part of
the regular rotation and deficiencies are addressed as required.
- Main streets will be cleaned two more times after the initial spring
- On Main streets only, sidewalks that touch the edge of the road (at the
curb) and asphalt boulevards are cleaned once in the spring (April to June).
Local sidewalks are not done
THE CHALLENGES OF SCHEDULING STREET CLEANING:
- Our sweeping program will be extended due to operational cuts to the
overall sweeping program
- Spring wet weather can impact the performance of flushing/cleaning
- Overnight street sweeping is part of our regular street sweeping
- Parked cars can hamper operations and give the appearance that spots
have been missed.
- Any of these factors may require operational adjustments that can impact
- The order of beats cleaned is different than last year.
- The flushing/sweeping schedule is developed based on three factors:
- targeting areas of the City where increased amounts of sand were
used on the roads;
- maintaining efficiency in the system, and
- treating all wards as equitably as possible with service
CITY OF LONDON CONTACT INFORMATION:
Public: 519-661-4570 or . . . for questions, concerns, etc.