Enforcement Services Section
The City of London By-law and Enforcement Division has 3 specific areas of
1. Taxi and Limo License Enforcement (2 Officers)
2. Property Standards Inspection and Enforcement (5 Inspectors)
3. Municipal Law Enforcement (9 Officers)
Each enforcement area is responsible for the enforcement of specific by-laws.
The involvement of these enforcement areas usually is commenced on a reactive
basis, meaning being generated by way of a complaint from the public or by way
of a referral from another department.
Certain By-laws are enforced proactively to ensure that visible health and
safety issues are being addressed.
Identified below are the enforcement areas and the by-laws enforced by that
License Enforcement Officers:
Property Standards Inspectors:
Municipal Law Enforcement Officers:
- Abandoned Refrigerator, Freezer & Container
- Business Licensing By-law
- Clearing of Land By-law PW-9
- Fence By-law PS-6
- Fortification of Land By-law PW-8
- Graffiti Implements By-law PW-10
- Mobile Sign Business Licensing By-law L-128-117
- Noise By-law PW-12 (Please note
sections of this by-law remain with the London Police Department for
- Numbering of Buildings By-law B-1
- Pawnbrokers By-law L-7
- Residential Rental Units Licensing
- Sign & Canopy By-law S-3775-94
- Swimming Pool Fence By-law PS-5
- Unauthorized Area Parking
By-law S-3 (Enforcement of this by-law is shared with Parking
- Zoning By-law Z-1
Each of the three enforcement areas may partner with each other, or other
departments, or other agencies as part of their enforcement actions.
By accessing the City of London’s
website you will be able to view and/or obtain each of the listed
by-laws, in addition you will find numerous other by-laws that the City of
London has developed.
To contact Municipal Law Enforcement Services you can call 519
A dedicated email has been put in place for Residential Rental Units Licensing
and the phone number for enquiries is 519 930-3515