- Garbage is collected curbside on a six, work-day
cycle. For example, if your garbage is collected this week on
Monday, next week your collection will be on Tuesday (if there is a statutory holiday, collection day will move forward one additional day for each statutory holiday).
- There is no garbage collection on statutory holidays.
- Garbage must be placed at curbside by 7 a.m. but no
earlier than 6 p.m. the night before.
- Plastic garbage bags or reusable containers must not weigh more than 20 kilograms (44 pounds).
- Metal or plastic garbage cans must be at least 30 litres
(7 Imperial gallons) but no larger than 125 litres (28 Imperial gallons) in size.
- Residents cannot use individual grocery or similar size bags unless placed inside a regulation garbage container or garbage bag.
- The City's W12A Landfill Site, 3502 Manning
Drive, is open to the public.
- Check your Waste Reduction & Conservation
Calendar for information about some of the items that are not
accepted for curbside disposal with garbage. Materials such as
scrap metal, electronics, renovation material and fluorescent light
bulbs & tubes can be recycled. Click
here for drop-off depot information.
For more information about garbage in London, use the following links:
Frequently Asked Questions
The Story of the W12A Landfill
Reuse and Recycling Locations