Understanding Growth in London
On November 2, 2005, Planning and Engineering staff made a presentation during a meeting of the Committee of the Whole, which were intended to prepare Council for critical decisions that will need to be made to support London's future growth.
Understanding Growth in London is a high-level overview of London's historical growth trends over the past 15 years and a forward look at growth plans for London over the next 20 years. A key component of this presentation is understanding the many benefits that stem from growth as well as the cost implications of growing in alternative ways in the future.
The presentation sets the stage for several growth-related issues that Council will be tackling in the near future, such as:
- 5-year review of the City's Official Plan
- Consideration of the 10-year capital plan and budget
- A continued review of the Urban Works Reserve Study
- Timing of the construction of the Southside Pollution Control Plant
- New provincial policies and requirements relating to growth in London
Use the links below to access the pdf version of the presentation with a software program such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader