The Thirstmobile is a mobile drinking water distribution system that operates at events during the summer months. Take a drink from one of the Thirstmobile's fountains or use one of the taps to refill your water bottle. The Thirstmobile has eight taps for refilling reusable water bottles or cups, eight fountains for drinking and two wheel-chair accessible fountains
The Thistmobile can be rented from the City of London at no cost this season if all of the conditions below are met.
Conditions for use of Thirstmobile
- Occurs between the months of May (weather dependent) through August. For the month of September, due to staffing, the City will consider applications on a case-by-case basis
- Non-profit event
- Event will have a minimum attendance of 500 people
- Event will be longer than 4 hours (not including set up and take down of the event)
- A minimum 1.2 square meter area (12 sq. ft.) will be provided beside the Thirstmobile for City staff to promote water conservation
- Bottled water will not be sold or distributed by event organizers, attendees or vendors
- Will actively promote the tap water service (The City of London’s Thirstmobile) to event attendees through all promotional material, including but not limited to website, print material, social media outlets and invitations
- Water provided through the Thirstmobile will only be for drinking purposes
- Vendors/food providers will be responsible for providing their own water
- Thirstmobile will be in a predominant location, and will be within 3 meters (10 feet) of a City water tap outlet
- Application must be submitted within 6 weeks of the event
The City of London maintains the Thirstmobile following its operational guidelines and public health requirements. Therefore, the City reserves the right to cancel a booking if the City deems the Thirstmobile is not safe to operate. If such a situation occurs, the City will notify the event organizer.