Each year, members of the London community are nominated in nine categories of achievement to recognize the diversity of philanthropic work taking place in the Forest City. Nominations are handled through the City of London’s Advisory Committees with established criteria in place. Winners are honoured at the first City Council meeting of the New Year.
Congratulations to the 2018 honourees!
- Karen Schuessler – Arts
- Dharshi Lacey – Diversity and Race Relations
- George Sinclair – Environment
- Susan Bentley – Heritage
- Sister Delores Brisson – Housing
- Lina Bowden – Humanitarianism
- Todd Sargeant & Sigmund Bernat – Persons with Disabilities
- Émilie Crakondji – Safety and Crime Prevention
- Tom Partalas – Sports
The Mayor of London's annual Honour List began in 1976 with recognition of contributions to the Arts. Since 1989, additional categories such as the Environment and Persons with Disabilities have provided tribute to the diversity of philanthropic work taking place in the Forest City.