The Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee is a standing committee comprised of the Mayor and all Council Members. The Committee oversees the budget as well as other strategic initiatives. The Committee reports directly to the Municipal Council.
- Asset Management Plan (Policies and Procedures)
- Corporations with Share Capital (London Hydro and London-Middlesex Housing Corporation)
- Annual General Meetings
- Board of Directors Compensation
- Shareholder Resolutions
- Council’s Strategic Plan
- Development Charges (Policy and By-law)
- Appointment/Resignation of Members of Standing Committees, Special Committees, Boards, Commissions and Outside Agencies
- Boundary Adjustments (annexations and amalgamations)
- Citizen Appointments to Advisory Committees (at the commencement of a new Council term)
- Council Conduct
- Governance Model
- Major Corporate Initiatives (e.g. Citizen Engagement, Service London, etc.)
- Annual Operating and Capital Budgets
- Long-Term Financial Plans and Policies
- Economic Strategies, Initiatives and Emerging Issues
- Business Retention and Development
- Governmental Liaison Related to Economic Development Matters
- Industrial Land Strategy
- Investment Strategy
- Labour Force Retention and Development
- London Convention Centre Corporation (Conventions, Meetings and Events)
- London Economic Development Corporation
- Southwest Economic Alliance (SWEA)
- Tourism London (Tourism and Sports Attraction)
- Culture Plan
- London Arts Council
Any other matters the City Clerk identifies as relevant to the jurisdiction of the Committee.
All members of Council make up the Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee
The personal information contained in communications directed to City Council and its standing and advisory committees is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 as amended and will be used to assist Council and Committee Members in their deliberations. Questions about this collection should be addressed to the City Clerk at 300 Dufferin Avenue, London, ON N6A 4L9 or by telephone 519-661-CITY (2489) ext. 4937.
Communications addressed to City Council and to its Standing and Advisory Committees become part of the public record and will be published on a public agenda and made available electronically through the City of London public internet website. The City will not accept anonymous communications sent to Council or to its Committees.