The Civic Works Committee is a standing committee that reports directly to the Municipal Council. The Committee hears delegations from the public, present reports and recommendations to City Council.
The City Clerk shall direct the following general matters to the Civic Works Committee for consideration and report to the Council:
- Bicycle Master Plan
- Bridges and Overpasses
- Drainage and Flood Control
- Equipment acquisition and maintenance
- Parking – Assets and Maintenance
- Public Transit (Conventional & Specialized)
- London Transit Commission
- Alternate Modes (Rapid Transit, etc.)
- Roadways - Planning, Design and Maintenance
- Sidewalks – Planning, Design and Maintenance
- Snow Control
- Specialized Rail Services
- Street Lighting
- Tenders for infrastructure services projects approved as part of the annual budget
- Traffic Control
- Transportation Master Plan and Policies
- Utilities (Hydro, Gas, Telecommunications – Operational)
- Waste Management
- Recycling and Composting
- Garbage Collection and Disposal
- Water Supply
Any other matters the City Clerk identifies as relevant to the jurisdiction of the Committee.
Councillor M. van Holst (Chair)
Councillor B. Armstrong
Councillor P. Hubert
Councillor P. Squire
Councillor V. Ridley
The personal information contained in communications directed to City Council and its standing and advisory committees is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 as amended and will be used to assist Council and Committee Members in their deliberations. Questions about this collection should be addressed to the City Clerk at 300 Dufferin Avenue, London, ON N6A 4L9 or by telephone 519-661-CITY (2489) ext. 4937.
Communications addressed to City Council and to its Standing and Advisory Committees become part of the public record and will be published on a public agenda and made available electronically through the City of London public internet website. The City will not accept anonymous communications sent to Council or to its Committees.